THE ULTIMATE BBC SINGLE PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD
The SNIPER is optimized for engines 540 cid and larger with BBC cylinder heads with deck heights of 9.8" or 10.2". Yes, this is the intake those of you that race in a conventional head class have been looking for. With features such as cast injection bosses, 4500 series carburetor flange, four corner water bosses, and Steve Schmidt Competition Engines custom hand porting, the SNIPER is the best choice in BBC conventional head manifolds. Available in Oval and Rectangle port versions.
- Optimized for engines between 540-632 cu. in.
- 1" spacer cast into the manifold
- Runners are precision cast and ported to assure proper air flow
- Available for short or tall deck heights
- Cast bosses for injection nozzles
- One piece construction dampens resonance, which affects hi-rpm horsepower
What's the difference between the original Sniper and the Sniper II? Only some minor revisions to the casting in the plenum area. These changes will not make any difference in air flow or horsepower over the earlier model. If you already have an original Sniper, there would be no benefit in upgrading to the newer Sniper II model.